Delta Democrat Times (June 2012-Present)
The DDT is a Pulitzer Price winning paper that produces six days a week.
- Employed as a staff reporter
- City, crime, hospital, fire, river beats
- Pitch and write feature stories
- Copy edit each paper
- Upload articles to the Web using Blox
Dallas Observer (January 2012-May 2012)
A tabloid-style, alternative weekly newspaper that serves more than 90,000 people in the Dallas area. Primary focus is on their news, culture, music, food and sports blogs.
- Employed as an intern for the culture blog, The Mixmaster
- Report and write previews for upcoming events in the Dallas area and Dallas-based features
The Daily Campus (September 2010-May 2012)
SMU’s student newspaper that publishes a print edition three times per week and updates web content continuously.
- Employed as the editor in chief to a staff of approximately 20 people
- Previously worked as the managing editor (fall 2011), news editor (spring 2011) and staff writer (fall 2010)
- As managing editor I was responsible for posting articles online, laying out the front page of the paper and checking other pages for proper layout style, sending an online newsletter to subscribers and managing our social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook.
- Weekly tasks include writing articles and creating video packages for the web.
The Dallas Morning News (August 2011-December 2011)
The award-winning daily newspaper serving more than 260,000 subscribers in the Dallas area.
- Employed as a staff writer
- Reported and wrote breaking news in the mornings for dallasnews.com
- Focus primarily on writing crime stories, trend watch and features on Dallas locals
GenWhyPress (December 2011-April 2012)
GenWhy Press was a commentary site dedicated to promoting the voices of Generation Y through unique commentary and partnerships. The website is currently on hold as the management team works on the financial situation.
- Employed as managing editor.
- I was responsible for posting two to three articles a day, seven days a week.
- I managed the site’s content and stayed in close communication with our partner sites and section editors.
Outstanding Achievement in Print Journalism from SMU (2012)
Kappa Tau Alpha (2012)
ALPHA LAMBDA DELTA (2009-Present)
Criteria Award for Distinction (2009)
Golden Key Chapter at SMU (2010-Present)
National Beta Club (2006-2008)
The National Society of Collegiate Scholars (2009-Present)
Microsoft: Word, Excel, Power Point
WordPress; Polopoly; Flip Camera; inDesign; iPhone
Southern Methodist University (May 2012)
Major(s): art history and journalism